[u-u] Anyone still doing Usenet?

Anthony de Boer adb at adb.ca
Thu Apr 16 23:25:25 EDT 2015

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but usenet is alive and well for distributing
> captured TV shows, movies and the like.

That seems to now be down to a handful of sites pumping that volume to
each other.

> As for discussions, there is a remnant of what used to be.  I
> almost never look at it, but for this posting I did.  At least these
> seem to be pumping (using groups.google.com):

Alt.sysadmin.recovery is still going, but a lot of us post with

BTW, it turns out that the Usenet Top 1000 still exists, and a box
carrying only that one public group can rank there.  Says too much about
the once-Imminent Death Of The Net having come and gone, really.

--
Anthony de Boer