[u-u] The article I mentioned last night

Hello Kittyhawk bdb at 0123456789-abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw.xyz
Thu Aug 13 21:34:58 EDT 2015

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015, Dan Astoorian wrote:
|On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 17:37:18 EDT, arocker at Vex.Net writes:
|> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08/03/nexenta_core_storage_vulnerability_sm
|> all_gaping_chasm
|>
|> Particularly the 3rd paragraph. As Dan pointed out, it is far from specific.
|
|This appears to refer to this:
|
|https://nexenta.com/company/media/press-releases/university-toronto-runs-nexenta-open-source-driven-software-defined

	NexentaStor is based on Illumos, which is a fork of the last open source
	version of OpenSolaris 11 - it's based on the ZFS file system (which also
	got ported to FreeBSD).  I highly recommend ZFS for its amazing robustness
	against all manner of hardware failures etc, because it checksums all data
	as well as metadata - I personally have recovered several multi-terabyte
	filesystems in situations where Raid-5/Raid-6 admins would have never been
	able to do do ...

O .		Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ontario	+1 416 410 0879
  o  _///_ //	Email: bdb at 0123456789-abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw.xyz
   <`)=  _<<	Yet another sign of the coming apocalypse:
      \\\  \\	Gwyneth Paltrow rapping NWA classic "Straight Outta Compton"