[u-u] The article I mentioned last night

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Fri Aug 14 11:40:19 EDT 2015

On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 10:09:30 -0400
arocker at Vex.Net wrote:
> The whole "software-defined" thing has me puzzled. At some point, no
> matter how they're arranged, bits have to slither down real pipes and
> come to rest in something with two real states, be they magnetic,
> capacitative, chemical, or gravitational. All the software in the
> world can't get around that inconvenient truth.

Not the same thing I suppose but I once proposed (might have been on
April 1) a scheme where I would mail myself large files using UUCP and
a bang path that caused it to go around the world and back to me.  When
it came back my system would pack it up again.  So basically my files
would be in constant travel and never sit on my own server other than
temporarily in the spool.

How's that for a cloud service?  ;->

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.
IM: darcy at Vex.Net, VoIP: sip:darcy at druid.net