[u-u] Asset tracking...

Hello Kittyhawk bdb at GTS.org
Tue Jan 13 17:43:48 EST 2015

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015, Colin McGregor wrote:

|At an office staff meeting today the question of how to track servers
|came up. There are people who would like to be able to tell in seconds
|that say :
|
|[...]
|
|In summary track everything of ANY consequence about every server.
|Further be able query by all data fields, (ie: list all servers
|running "Quake II" or in cage #4, rack #102, etc).
|
|Anyone have any suggestions as to what could handle the above
|painlessly? I have run across references to a program called "Collins"
|(https://tumblr.github.io/collins/), anyone know how well it would
|handle the above?

	Where would the data come from?  Do there need to be
	"live" queries of the servers or from "sampled" data?

O .		Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ontario	+1 416 410 0879
  o  _///_ //	Email: bdb at GTS.Infra-service.CA
   <`)=  _<<	Yet another sign of the coming apocalypse:
      \\\  \\	Gwyneth Paltrow rapping NWA classic "Straight Outta Compton"