[u-u] Password management... Another bit of brain picking...

Dan Astoorian djast at ecf.utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 15 11:02:33 EST 2015

On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:39:18 EST, Colin McGregor writes:

> - 1Password - has the central management wanted, but doesn't support
> Linux client machines (just Windows and Mac OS-X).

And Android/iOS.

I haven't used it, but I found:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac/4/en/topic/using-1passwordanywhere

which describes accessing vaults shared via Dropbox from any web
browser, including Linux clients, by opening an HTML file within the
vault.  (I don't know whether this implies that sharing the vault
through less "cloud"-y methods, like a shared network drive or rsync,
would also let you access the passwords from a browser.)

Regards,

--
Dan Astoorian, Systems Administrator
Engineering Computing Facility