[u-u] Linux machine[s ] for an online course

Hugh Gamble hugh at phaedrav.com
Thu Dec 1 22:56:29 EST 2016

What format is the VM that comes with the course?
I'd expect either Hyper-V or VMware.

If it's just for you
why can't you run it at home while you're giving the course?

Several of the big clouds have limited time trials,
or low per minute rates,
but you might have to convert your vm to use it, which is a pain.

Azure will let you spin up pretty stock distros in a configuration close to
what you need.
But if you're not using the exact one that comes with the course
you'll want to run through it once by yourself first
and note the inevitable minor differences.

The dark net lets you buy root access to linux systems cheap too,
and you can use them until somebody notices. ;-P