[u-u] Anyone want to work for a nerdly non-profit? Open Media is hiring

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Wed Feb 17 17:12:10 EST 2016

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Want to be an Internet hero? Come work with us!
Date: 	Wed, 17 Feb 2016 17:05:27 -0500 (EST)
From: 	Soledad Vega <contact at openmedia.org>
To: 	davecb at spamcop.net

OpenMedia

Hi David,

Today I’m writing to offer you an exciting opportunity.

At OpenMedia, we strive to provide an increasingly powerful platform for
action, collaboration, and information about digital rights issues. And
as we fight against renewed threats to the open Internet, we find
ourselves in need of some essential new team members to play a crucial
role in our pro-Internet movement’s mission. We’re talking about some
very interesting opportunities to join our team and help us engage the
global Internet community in key decisions that affect our digital future.

As a valued member of our Digital Action Team, *we wanted you to know
about the exciting available positions here at OpenMedia*. Who knows,
maybe you know of someone who’d be perfect for one of these roles, or
maybe you can put your own skills to work and join the OpenMedia team!

Firstly, we wanted to let you know we’re on the hunt for a new Executive
Director. (You can read more about the organizational changes in this
blog by our founder Steve Anderson
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=wVx3S2rf9mE7Q4RgvscsrxbYFumcR%2FXV>).
We’re looking for someone who can take our work for the open Internet to
the next level, while prioritizing our participatory values and culture.
Do you have what it takes? Check out this position description
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=WL3X4C0bl1FbOdphHr7t1BbYFumcR%2FXV>,
and let us know!

We’re also hiring:

Digital Rights Campaign Coordinator
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=dAlQmIVlQWZrhGc4pn3gEhbYFumcR%2FXV>(F/T)
Help us fight big telecom by building active campaigns to engage the
public on issues like Net Neutrality and a more open, affordable Internet!

Digital Analyst
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2Br2%2BqwUJz6ZplF0J6jAOWBbYFumcR%2FXV>(F/T,
Vancouver) We want to be more data-driven! We need a proud data nerd to
design, implement and evaluate our digital strategies that turn web
metrics into actionable insights.

Director of Fund Development
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=a26T95vV%2BODmognuLZdRXRbYFumcR%2FXV>(F/T
or 0.8) Help us persuade donors and prospects their investment will make
a huge difference in the way we communicate, share, and collaborate in
the future.

Drupal Developer
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=keCGBqUcXIY80BSuiSCusRbYFumcR%2FXV>
(F/T) Which web developer wouldn’t want to work in one of the biggest
organizations fighting for an open Internet? Be the CSS to our HTML!

Our team is growing! And *we need your help to find the right candidates
to join our dynamic group of fun humans*. If you think you’re a fit,
apply now! If not, please help us spread the word by sharing on Facebook
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DV4M%2BM1xjZG3jWtgBn0vrRbYFumcR%2FXV>
and Twitter
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=GiiCWNmz4D49%2BcwcN%2BGcShbYFumcR%2FXV>.
Our offices are located in Vancouver, but we’re flexible.

And if you haven’t found what you’re looking for, you can check back
later for more job openings at openmedia.org/en/work
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7NF2QATnJPQyY%2Fxy1eqzNhbYFumcR%2FXV>.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Onwards!

Soledad, on behalf of your OpenMedia team.

OpenMedia
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DPY%2FBoCIbWGpDOTQ7DLHHhbYFumcR%2FXV>

We are an award-winning network of people and organizations working to
safeguard the possibilities of the open Internet. We work toward
informed and participatory digital policy.
You can follow us on *Twitter*
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BtLsy0D%2FpS4i9a4HXVIsaRbYFumcR%2FXV>,
and like us on *Facebook*
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=FMCyt9TTnM6U3HOo1YQmzhbYFumcR%2FXV>.

You have received this message, because you have subscribed to
OpenMedia's list with the email address davecb at spamcop.net.
You can manage your email preferences.
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=MSEZKH9gKuuGt9l0jCkHFhbYFumcR%2FXV>
If you no longer wish to receive our emails, click here
<http://qb.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Lf9OEX6XxaxCU3c83B3kpBbYFumcR%2FXV>
to unsubscribe.