[u-u] Sams book

Alan J Rosenthal flaps at 56789.ca
Fri Jan 15 12:05:29 EST 2016

>"Teach Yourself Shell Programming in 24 hours"

Wow!  I'm amazed that you can go from complete ignorance to mastery in
just 24 hours!  That must be an amazing book!

(Well, my guess is either that or a complete piece of shit.  One way or the
other it sounds extreme.)

(I've misquoted such titles from time to time along the lines of "Teach
yourself C in 30 days without accidentally learning anything")

I'm not sure why C and unix attract so many crappy books.  Almost any
such book not written by unix insiders is so full of errors you can find
one after just two or three random page openings.

ajr