[u-u] Live booting from USB key (.iso)

Hugh Gamble hugh at phaedrav.com
Sun May 29 16:42:06 EDT 2016

UEFI settings are magic for this.
USB 3 may also be an issue with older software or hardware.
And of course which version of NTFS you format your USB stick with ;-P

I've never had to fuss with multiple partitions on the USB stick,
I just make sure it's formatted as bootable.

P.S. I expect this isn't what you're trying to do,
but most persons most of the time are better off building a VM
(type 1 or type 2 depending whether it's a server or a desktop)

Either VMware or Hyper-V don't care how FAT your thumb drive is,
just mount the right path to the ISO, and away you go.

would