[u-u] jobs @ rakuten/kobo

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Sat Aug 5 13:57:21 EDT 2017

If it doesn't skew the process of teaching the language, I'd try using
it in one of your labs.

Writing the man page first is an Unix-ism from way back, and writing the
success-path test first is a modern way of making sure you're
implementing what the man page says.

I'd personally say write the perldoc first, then the test that proves
you did the right thing, then the code that does it right, in a lab that
has them writing a function (that could perhaps live in a library for
them to re-use after the course).

--dave