[u-u] Ahem...

David Gilbert uu at dclg.ca
Thu Sep 5 12:59:53 EDT 2019

On 2019-09-05 11:59 a.m., arocker at Vex.Net wrote:

> A few meetings ago, I suggested that a high-performance laptop might be
> better cooled if at least some of the works were in the lid. The concept
> was greeted with some scepticism.
>
> Exhibit A, m'lud. The Asus StudioBook One. https://tinyurl.com/yxemn2bt

I think they're releasing a gaming version of this, too.  But note some
of the caveats:

- You can't add RAM (or likely anything else) because the trap-door
would be in the lid

- "Still quite heavy"

- "No legacy ports" ... likely because, again, they'd need to be in the
lid, which is awkward.

I would also add one... what's the lid angle at which it tips over?