[u-u] redhat licensing / subscription

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Thu Apr 9 11:15:48 EDT 2020

On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 10:57:03AM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> Why won't CentOS cut it?  This is not meant as a challenge, I'd just
> like to know what you need that RHEL has but CentOS doesn't.  Official
> support?  More rapid updates?  Migration between versions?

the software vendor insists on redhat.  we asked about centos, they said
they need a certified OS, whatever that means.

--jim

--
Jim Mercer     Reptilian Research      jim at reptiles.org    +1 416 410-5633

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
 -- Hunter S. Thompson