[u-u] Zoom vs. Jitsi

William Waites ww at styx.org
Sat May 2 11:48:53 EDT 2020

> As for Jitsi, I'd agree it is not ready for real use, despite
> occasional claims to the contrary coming out of the FSF.

Been using it here regularly for meetings of up to 10 or so people with
good results. It's resource-hungry on the server side and you need
decent bandwidth on the client side, so YMMV.

Honestly, though, I can't keep up with the proliferation of these
things. This week, I think I've used the Google, the Jitsi, the
Blackboard, the Vscene, the Slack, the Zoom and the Discord for audio
only. They all seemed to work well enough. Discord had the best sound.

Best wishes from Edinburgh,

-w