[u-u] Follow-up to Wednesday's questions

arocker at Vex.Net arocker at Vex.Net
Fri Apr 15 10:16:06 EDT 2022

On an impulse, I removed and reseated the battery from the laptop that had
been blinking distress signals at me, and it settled down to charging
normally.

There are default problem-solving techniques in a number of fields. For
electrical failures, after "is it plugged in?" and "is it switched on?",
comes "Check the ground and clean off any corrosion". For networks, try a
different cable and socket pair. For misbehaving laptops, remove and
reseat the battery seems to be in that category.

However, the tablet's touchscreen layer has not spontaneously reglued itself.