[u-u] Asset tracking...
colin.mc151 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 14:29:56 EST 2015
At an office staff meeting today the question of how to track servers
came up. There are people who would like to be able to tell in seconds
that say :
- is an HP model 1234 with 256 GB RAM, and a 5 TB RAID
- is in data centre "Smith" cage #4 rack #102 shelf #17.
- has two power supplies, gets its' power from PDUs 4-2-1 & 4-2-2
- has lights out management connected to 3com switch 6 port 27
- lights out management port has IP 10.0.0.4
- main IP is 10.1.0.7
- is running OS Debian 7.0 ("Wheezy") GNU/Linux
- is a game server running "Quake" and "Quake II"
In summary track everything of ANY consequence about every server.
Further be able query by all data fields, (ie: list all servers
running "Quake II" or in cage #4, rack #102, etc).
Anyone have any suggestions as to what could handle the above
painlessly? I have run across references to a program called "Collins"
(https://tumblr.github.io/collins/), anyone know how well it would
handle the above?
More information about the u-u