[u-u] apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)

Giles Orr gilesorr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 22:42:05 EST 2016

On 14 January 2016 at 21:58, Ken Pon <k.pon at outlook.com> wrote:
> Follow-up on the above command. I tried it and it works (download then
> install) on Kali Linux 2; I must have typed it in incorrectly.
>
> This was a very interesting command because it installs the correct version
> of Linux Headers using the information from the uname command.

Encountered another very nice command like that recently when
compiling the kernel:

time make -j `getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN` deb-pkg

Grabs the number of threads (not cores) to feed to the "-j" parameter.

You can always do that kind of text wrangling with Linux/Unix
commands, but it's nice when it's as elegantly simple as these two.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr at gmail.com