[u-u] COVID-19 craziness

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Sat Apr 4 19:22:04 EDT 2020

On Sat, Apr 04, 2020 at 12:28:30PM -0400, Jim Mercer wrote:
> next on my plate is Eve Online.
>
> another route i'm finding on google is Lutris.  this seems to be some kinda
> wrapper around games, which also includes a "linux launcher".

Lutris worked quite nice.

had to install some 3rd party Intel graphics drivers to get "vulkan" running,
and that disabled my Displaylink monitors.

uninstalling, and reinstalling the DisplayLink driver brought all my monitors
back, and the game is working pretty much the same.

--jim

--
Jim Mercer     Reptilian Research      jim at reptiles.org    +1 416 410-5633

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
 -- Hunter S. Thompson