[u-u] Ephemera/ACM computing publications from past decades

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Jan 24 14:48:35 EST 2022

| From: Toby Thain <toby at telegraphics.com.au>

| I have a large number of ACM publications (JACM, CACM, Computing Reviews, etc)
| from 1950s through 1970s, possibly 80s. These were rescued from a local hacker
| who is moving house.

I feel for your challenge.

I got rid of my ACM publications (from about 1970 on) to the University of
Waterloo Computer Science Club 11 years ago (with the help of Bill
Duncan).  It was not easy to find a home for them even at that time.

They are all available online from ACM if you are a member and pay for
digital access.  If I were a library, I'd use that facility (depending
on the cost).

I have twinges when I see that you have issues from the 1950s.  There must
have only been a small print run of each of those.

The ACM National Meeting for 1952 was in Toronto
https://dl.acm.org/doi/proceedings/10.1145/800259