[u-u] Terminal Emulation

Julian C. Dunn lists at aquezada.com
Mon May 9 16:43:16 EDT 2011

On Mon, 9 May 2011, Renata Rocha wrote:

> I happen to be managing different kinds of unixes, mostly Solaris 10.
>
> I have to connect to these instances using Putty. Yes, it's a windows
> machine. How to make the terminal on the other side talk to putty on a
> more friendly way? I noticed it's VT100, but when I open vi... my life's
> over. Editing a file is pain and suffering. I set the term for vt100,
> exported, yadda yadda, but I can't use backspace/delete.
>
> Any help on making my life better would be appreciated.

Did you already try:

% stty erase [then type the backspace key, then Enter]

or

% tset -e [then type the backspace key, then Enter]

?

- Julian

[ Julian C. Dunn <jdunn at aquezada.com>          * Sorry, I'm    ]
[ WWW: http://www.aquezada.com/staff/julian    * only Web 1.0  ]
[ gopher://sdf.lonestar.org/11/users/keymaker  * compliant!    ]
[ PGP: 91B3 7A9D 683C 7C16 715F 442C 6065 D533 FDC2 05B9       ]